The acquisition of WhatsApp by Facebook for approximately $22 billion did raise quite a few eyebrows, but a distinct class also believed that WhatsApp will be taken to another level by Facebook. That is probably what is happening with the addition of the new calling feature by WhatsApp. The initial rollout for the feature was done a few weeks ago, but on an experimental basis.
WhatsApp was precisely looking into all the aspects of the ‘calling feature’ before rolling it out for the general users. It seems that the company has made the final amendments and rolled it out for the general users. The feature is available for the users running WhatsApp version 2.11.531 from the Official website or on version 2.11.528 from the Google Play Store. Gladly the feature does not depend on the Android version that you are using, thus allowing a much wider scope.
How to activate WhatsApp Calling for Android?
The initial rollout made a few weeks ago was not at all reliable. But now, many users already have a stable WhatsApp Calling feature installed. The steps to be followed are very simple. Here is a guide to help you through.
- Initially, you will have to go to the official Website of WhatsApp (Click here) and install the current version.
- The next step includes downloading the .apk file from the website and updating your application.
- Now, when you are down updating the application, you can check the version number.
- Once updated, you will be able to use the WhatsApp Calling feature. But here is the twist. In order to activate the feature, you will need someone with the feature already activated to call you. (In case, you are looking to update, just send a message to +91-9743560608(Only for Android). Our staff member will get back to you!) Sadly iOS and Windows users will probably have to wait a bit longer for the latest update.
- Once our staff member gets back to you, you will see an updated user interface and a separate tab for calls.
- Now, you can easily make calls to other users who have the WhatsApp Calling feature activated.
[ Source ]