Displaying Random Posts and Related Posts in your Blog Sidebar not only improves your Blog interlinking, but also helps to increase Pageviews.
Few Days back, I was looking to show Random Posts at the Sidebar. For this I searched on the web and found various tutorials on manually adding the codes to display Random Posts. I added various php codes in function.php file, which broke my Blog.
Thanks to Rahul Arora who suggested me this Random post widget plugin. This is a very usefull plugin and will create a new “Random Posts” widget which display post Randomly at the Sidebar.
Note: The Size of the Plugin is 3kb which is very low, so it will not affect your Blog Loading Time.
How to Install & Configure Random Posts Widget Plugin
1. Login to your Dashboard. Navigate to Plugin -> Add New & Upload the Plugin and Activate It.
2. Now Navigate to Appearance -> Widget.
3. Now you will be able to see New Random Post Widget.
4. Drag it to the right to show that widget in the homepage.
5. After Dragging and Dropping, you can edit the widget details. See the below Image
(a)- Name of the Widget- You can change the Default Name according to your choice.
(b)- Category- You can choose any category. Default is Ignore(which allow random posts from all categories).
(c)- Post Count- Set the number of posts you want to display at the sidebar accordingly.
Try the Plugin and Add your Review by Commenting here.