The latest market report published by Acute Market Reports, “Automated Endoscope Reprocessors Market By Product Type (Single Basin AER, Dual Basin AER), By Modality (Standalone AER, Portable/Bench Top AER), By End User (Hospitals, Clinics) – Growth, Future Prospects, and Competitive Analysis, 2018 – 2026” The global market for automated endoscope reprocessors was valued at US$ 364.2 million in 2017 and is anticipated to reach US$ 554.4 million by 2026 for a CAGR of 4.8 percent between 2018 and 2026.
Browse the full report at “Automated Endoscope Reprocessors (AER) Market”
The worldwide market for automated endoscope reprocessors (AER) unveils productive development over the forecast period from 2018 to 2026, due to high-end technical progress in automated reprocessing devices combined with quicker turnaround times to optimize precise outcomes with zero contamination factor. Technology assessments in automated endoscope reprocessors such as portable / bench top and stand-alone systems are gaining momentum in hospitals and clinics. Automated endoscope reprocessing machines have improved capacities compared to fundamental or simple machines or manual cleaning of complicated, digital, micro-processing machines with enhanced functionality and features such as quicker reprocessing cycle time (approx. 30 minutes), temperature control mechanism, barcode scanner, asynchronous operation, alcohol flush, automated leak test, etc.
In the latest era, the passage through automated endoscope reprocessors has acquired a greater momentum. ADVANTAGE PLUS automated endoscope reprocessor produced by Medivators physically isolates ideal and unclean reprocessing areas to minimize the danger of error and cross-contamination and therefore ensures greater patient safety by tracking each endoscope channel individually for blocking and flow protection of full high-level disinfection.
However, problems occur at few instances during complete washing and drying; also contaminations associated with the use of endoscopes i.e., high risk of infections associated with improper sterilization of endoscopes may hinder the market growth during the forecast period. Moreover, physicians’ choice for manual cleaning of endoscopes in the developing regions in the Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa (MEA) regions may show slow growth of adoption. High prices of AER machines is also a very crucial factor, which restricts the overall consumption of these machines in the hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers in the developing economies.
Furthermore, rising endoscopy procedures, minimally invasive surgeries, infection control awareness, rising purchasing power of healthcare facilities, beneficiary schemes for reimbursement, and higher utilization of advanced automated machines in the developing nations such as India, China, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa and others are various external factors fueling the demand for automated endoscope reprocessors in near future.
Download Free PDF Sample Request: Automated Endoscope Reprocessors (AER) Market
Key Market Movements:
- Globally, the automated endoscope reprocessors market remains to exhibit a profitable growth with a CAGR of 4.8% for the period from 2018 to 2026
- Based on the product, the dual basin AER segment expected to spearhead the market with increasing applications in endoscopy procedures.
- Top AER FDA approved machines also utilize updated high-level disinfection (HLD) or liquid chemical sterilization validation testing with duodenoscopes, gaining more traction in terms of revenue generation during the forecast period
- North America to contribute maximum revenue share in the overall growth of the automated endoscope reprocessors market, attributed to rising endoscopy procedures, higher adoption of top end models in more than 75 percent of the hospitals, increasing awareness and programs held by major service providers, maximum reimbursement coverage, higher patient safety and the presence of key manufacturers & sophisticated healthcare infrastructure in the U.S. and Canada
- Eastern Europe, Latin America, and Asia Pacific to show promising opportunities and a healthy CAGR during the forecast period. Rising awareness among the individuals about the concerns for infectious diseases and its treatment (mainly GI – gastrointestinal endoscopy procedures), surging geriatric population & a number of healthcare settings, and increasing healthcare spending in India, China, and Japan are attributed to the market growth.
- Major players in this vertical are MEDIVATORS Inc., Advanced Sterilization Products (A Johnson & Johnson Company), Arc Healthcare Solutions, Bes Decon (A Division of Bes Rehab Ltd), Cantel Medical, Custom Ultrasonics, Endo-Technik W. Griesat, Getinge, Laboratories Anios (A Subsidiary of Ecolab Inc.), Metrex Research, Olympus, Steelco, Steris, Wassenburg Medical (A Member of Hoya) and others.
By Product Segment (2016–2026; US$ Mn)
- Single Basin Automated Endoscope Reprocessors
- Double Basin Automated Endoscope Reprocessors
By Modality Segment (2016–2026; US$ Mn)
- Standalone Automated Endoscope Reprocessors
- Portable/Bench Top Automated Endoscope Reprocessors
By End-user Segment (2016–2026; US$ Mn)
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
By Geography Segment (2016–2026; US$ Mn)
- North America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Latin America