The latest market report published by Credence Research, Inc. “Atrial Fibrillation Devices Market By Product Type (Electrophysiology Ablation Catheters, Electrophysiology Diagnostic Catheters, Electrophysiology Mapping And Recording Systems, Cardiac Monitors, Access Devices, Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) & Closure Devices, Intracardiac Echocardiography (ICE) Systems & Others), By End-Use (Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs), Others) – Growth, Future Prospects, and Competitive Analysis, 2018 – 2026” The market for atrial fibrillation devices was valued at US$ 4,884.9 million in 2017 and is expected to reach US$ 17,867.3 million by 2026 for a CAGR of 15.6 per cent between 2018 and 2026.
Browse the full report at “Atrial Fibrillation Devices Market”
The global market for atrial fibrillation devices shows remunerative growth over the forecast period from 2018 to 2026 due to technological advances in atrial fibrillation devices and a significant increase in the prevalence of hypertension & atrial fibrillation worldwide. Technological developments in atrial fibrillation systems, including fluoroscopic embedded 3D ablation mapping technology, which reduces radiation exposure and provides real-time 3D electromagnetic navigation. Innovative methods such as convergent operation, focal impulse and rotor modulation (FIRM) ablation, and WATCHMAN left atrial appendage closure (LAAC) are gaining popularity among patients around the globe. In addition, radiofrequency (RF) catheter ablation, microwave-based catheter ablation, cryoablation and laser-based catheter ablation procedures are being developed and are expected to show profitable market growth in the near future. Radiofrequency catheter ablation uses radiofrequency current for heat generation to kill the heart tissues responsible for fast or irregular heart rhythm. Cryoblation freezes heart tissue or pathways that interfere with the normal distribution of electrical impulses in the core and restores ordinary electrical conduction. The laser-based catheter ablation method utilizes a balloon catheter that allows the cardiologist to have a direct endoscopic perspective of the convergence of the pulmonary veins; therefore, it decreases the need for x-rays.
According to information released by AtriCure, Inc., more than 33.0 million individuals globally suffer from atrial fibrillation (Afib). The U.S. has 6.0 million Afib patients who have incurred a complete price of US$ 26.0 billion for the disease in 2017. U.S. has a market of more than US$ 1.5 billion for atrial fibrillation instruments. According to an article released in the Journal of the American Hypertension Society, the global incidence of hypertension was 1.39 billion in 2010, which is expected to achieve 1.56 billion by 2025.
Key Market Movements:
- Globally, the atrial fibrillation devices market continues to witness a lucrative growth at a CAGR of 15.6% for the period from 2018 to 2026
- Based on the product type, the electrophysiology (EP) ablation catheters segment spearheaded the market in 2017 due to increasing adoption of advanced procedures such as radiofrequency catheter ablation, microwave-based catheter ablation, cryoablation, and laser-based catheter ablation. This procedure is majorly used when patients are tolerant to anti-coagulation drugs.
- The cardiac monitors segment is expected to witness fastest market growth owing to the emergence of implantable cardiac monitors (ICMs) and worldwide adoption of other cardiac monitors such as holter monitor, event recorder, mobile cardiac telemetry (MCT) to monitor heart rhythms
- Global surge in the number of hospitals and comparatively higher adoption of atrial fibrillation devices during AF procedures in hospitals are putting the hospitals segment at the dominant position
- Higher presence of Afib patient population and rising adoption of advanced technologies in the U.S. and Canada, North America is likely to contribute maximum to the overall growth of atrial fibrillation devices market
- Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit lucrative CAGR over the forecast period due to growing awareness about Afib procedures, surging geriatric population, and increasing healthcare expenditure in India, China, and Japan
- Major players in this vertical are Medtronic; Boston Scientific Corporation; AtriCure, Inc.; Abbott Laboratories; Hansen Medical; Stereotaxis, Inc.; Biosense Webster, Inc.; Siemens Healthineers; BIOTRONIK SE & Co. KG; and CardioFocus, Inc.
Download Free PDF Sample Request: Atrial Fibrillation Devices Market
By Product Type Segment (2016–2026; US$ Mn)
- Electrophysiology Ablation Catheters
- Fixed Diagnostic Catheters
- Steerable Diagnostic Catheters
- Electrophysiology Mapping and Recording Systems
- Cardiac Monitors
- Access Devices
- Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) & Closure Devices
- Intracardiac Echocardiography (ICE) Systems & Others
By End-use Segment (2016–2026; US$ Mn)
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs)
- Others (electrophysiology labs, catheterization laboratories)
By Geography Segment (2016–2026; US$ Mn)
- North America
- Asia Pacific (APAC)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Latin America